Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hello, Bad Day.

Not really sure where to start, but let's just say this week did not greet me well. After losing my key to my apartment somewhere before I drove my car 4.5 hours back to school, I had to immediately dive back into classes and stress. But then Thursday happens. Good ol' Thursday. My Wednesday was a normal day. I worked, had lunch, took a nap, did homework, did slight online shopping for an extra battery for my camera, then went to bed.

Upon waking up on Thursday morning to my alarm, I was extremely tired because sleep was hard to come by (even with my sleep aid pill I only take on nights I know I won't sleep). Nothing gets this body to get drowsy except daylight! Anyway. I wake up and realize I was just dreaming about my ex-boyfriend and his dad was there, married to this really young chick. I don't think he wanted me there (we were at some house I've never seen in my life). But my ex was glad I was there and I was just sort of going with it. I don't remember all the details except when I woke up and thought, "What? That was weird..."

I realize I'm running late and rush to get ready. I grab a quick breakfast, grab my purse and backpack, and head outside. Upon approaching my car which was right out front of my apartment, I notice my hand sanitizer bottle on the ground by my car. That was my first clue that something was up. I grab the bottle and realize all my doors are unlocked, all my stuff in the car is messed with and there's my car's paperwork thrown out on the seat, my sunglasses and my mom's cassette tapes in the middle department, my receipts thrown out of another small compartment, and my t-shirts box in the back move out of place.

I felt so violated and disgusted knowing this happened and fearfully opened my trunk, hoping and praying that I didn't accidentally leave anything of value to me in there because that's usually where I temporally hide the good stuff if I don't have time to carry it to my apartment when I'm parked far away. It had been a crazy week already, I was still slowly taking things inside after my trip home. I knew I took out my cameras and only had household things in there, like a stool (photography prop, hah), my tripod, another box of t-shirts, air mattress, vacuum box from the portable handheld vacuum I use in the car, and some oil for the car.

And then there was my new camera's box it came in packed inside of the box it was shipped in (a plain brown box). It was left wide open with the camera box missing. As happy as I am the camera wasn't in there (because I'm not that dumb and I wouldn't just casually have a new camera chillin' over night in a car), I'm still upset they took a box that I intended to keep with manuals I would have liked in case I needed them, and in case someday I sell the camera. I love keeping my original boxes to my equipment because I'm a photographer and new equipment is like a new baby. I'm sad because it's something I literally cannot replace unless I buy a whole new camera (which obviously isn't happening haha). But in the end, yes, I am thankful that I had nothing worth stealing in the car. I have double and triple checked that my new camera is safe in its bag just to feel better.

To the person who was dumb enough to take an empty box and dirty my car... I hope you get caught and suffer consequences for invading people's property. Just get a job and make your own money!

On another note, I really need to hurry up and graduate so I can have time to work and get income and buy a new car! I need one with keys that automatically lock it so I never have to fear if I remembered to manually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment